Monday, October 9, 2006

Halloweenie

Those things go bump in the night and I wanna play too.
I’ll be the ghost and make a special appearance for one night only.

Oh nostalgia
You are so sweet
Syrupy and thick

I am the ghost and you are my Dracula.
Am I the eerie one in this picture we're painting?

Jesus, baby
Be my jack-o-lantern and light the way.
Oh Holy Father of candy corn and bubble gum, please spare the innocent.
Baby gummi bears were only fooling around and meant no harm. (or did they?)

++++++++++++++

I am the ghost.

Jesus and Dracula graciously accepted the invitation to my tea party. I will be serving a selection of chamomile, jasmine and earl grey teas. Each invited guest will have a personalized place setting and porcelain tea cup and saucer with a delicate silver spoon.

Uninvited guests will have a Styrofoam cup.
(Frankenstein never fucking RSVP’s)

+++++++++++++++

I was that ghost
Who went bump in the night

Dracula held my cold hand
He danced and frightened small children
Screaming, lurching

Flailing arms and twisting torsos
Swirling with windy chimes

We flew home part of the way, the rest we walked hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment