Sunday, October 16, 2011

The alarm clock went off (James Brown Live at the Apollo) just as the sun began to rise. He rolled over and looked at the time, took a deep breath and got out of bed. The coffee was on and the shower was hot. It was the most anticipated early start to the day in a long while. Frankenstein had a new job.

He stood in his boxers, ironing his crisp new shirt and mulled over his neck tie selection. He wanted to make a statement, but didn't need to come off too flashy or cocky (yet). He settled on a striped and stylishly understated option that completed his Monday ensemble. Excited and exhilarated, he makes his way toward the front door with his briefcase in hand and a pep in his step.

It had just started, but was already a good (even great) day.

Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you


No comments:

Post a Comment